IGCSE Chemistry

Monday, January 14, 2019

2.78B describe the role of ADH in regulating the water content of the blood

ADH (Anti-Duretic Hormone): produced by the pituitary gland and affects the permeability of collecting duct to re-absorb water back into blood to regulate water levels in the body.

Low Levels
High Levels
-hypothalamus detects low levels of water 
-Hypothalamus detects high levels of water
-Hypothalamus stimulates pituitary gland to produce more ADH
-Hypothalamus stimulates pituitary gland to produce less ADH
-More ADH: more permeable collecting duct
-Less ADH: less permeable collecting duct


7 comments:

  1. Tell me why aint nothing but a heart break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me why aint nothing but a mistake

      Delete
    2. Bobby Mc Pervert, you turned my frown upside down ily

      Delete
  2. Tell me why I never wanna hear you say

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT IT THAT WAYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  4. these comment sections are cringe af

    ReplyDelete